Forever Chasing Perception
A brand is nothing without self-definition, transparency, authenticity and accountability.
Maintaining a robust brand is one of the most important aspects for any company. Long gone are the days when you could sit back and carefully analyse industry trends, subsequently adjusting downturns and building on upturns while the grass grew slowly outside. Today, brand awareness may be at an all time high, but the speed in which a company can have that all-important, life-changing upturn or downturn has also increased exponentially. Today we live in a world of instant change, and the world wide web is pulling all the strings.
Perhaps the scariest thing of all however, is that no matter how good your company, product or service is, the world’s perception of everything surrounding it can change in the blink of an eye, even without a single problem of your own making. Your product can feasibly be the most innovative and positive introduction since the invention of the wheel, but the Internet, and social media in particular can make it or break it in an instant.
As your brand manager, I will identify a vast range of strategic management issues that power your brand’s equity and value, exploring factors such as the strategic branding process, brands as social and psychological vehicles, consumer perception of your brand, and your brand’s competitive landscape. By looking closely at these factors, only then will we be able to gain a deeper understanding of your brand, and adjust strategy in a given context to maximise equity and value.
Your brand reputation has to be carefully managed. Did you realise that every time you post a photo, or update your social network status, you are not only contributing to your own digital footprint, but also adding or detracting value to the unseen connections that exist with your own personal brand or that of your company. This and many other issues can be costing you customers, and in turn a successful income.
Brand Management Checklist
Don’t leave it to chance. Contact me today and together we can give your brand a new, less fragile, and sustainable lifespan.
I can help you understand:
- How to build a successful brand on social media
- The main factors that affect the success of your brand and its extensions
- The hidden impact of brand extensions on the extending/parent brands
- Brand-alliances (co-branding) – benefits and potential consequences
- The management and design of brand portfolios/brand architecture
- The impact of corporate social responsibility
- How to manage and build brand associations and brand equity
- The impact of brand positioning on consumer memory recall
- How the employer brand/associations can affect employee behaviour and their own personal brands as a result